Ancient City Christian Academy
ACCA Closed Due to Coronavirus Response
March 27, 2020
We regret to inform you that as of Friday, March 27, we are closing Ancient City Christian Academy (ACCA) for the school year due to the needed response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
ACCA to Close at End of May 2020
March 1, 2020
We regret to inform you that we will be closing Ancient City Christian Academy (ACCA) at the end of this school year. While we will remain open through May 29, we are making the announcement now for those families seeking to enroll children for the next school year.
ACCA was begun in 2013 as a ministry to our community, and we have sought to provide a quality Christian-based school experience for 2’s, 3’s, and VPK students. We are proud of the care given to the children enrolled and to the families involved over the years by our director, Peggy Woznick, and her skilled and caring staff. For the past several years, however, the academy has struggled year to year to be self-supporting and reach other goals established for this ministry to our community. Our church Trustees have annually needed to prayerfully consider whether we would be able to continue offering the academy to our community. We have kept the academy open until this time in hopes that we could get on a more firm foundation to meet our goals. At this time, however, we have sensed that it is time for us to close at the conclusion of this school year and concentrate on other ministries to our community.
A ministry of the Ancient City Baptist Church, Ancient City Christian Academy (ACCA) is committed to providing children and families with an opportunity to embark on a life-long educational journey.
To provide a safe and loving Christ-centered environment that will encourage children to grow spiritually, intellectually, physically, emotionally and socially. We readily accept each child at his/her developmental stage and are committed to providing a foundational education that will facilitate continued development. In addition we desire to partner with families in the important task of raising children.
With the knowledge that the preschool years are the most critical learning of a child’s life, we wholeheartedly take the challenge of igniting the learning process in your child’s life.
- Our vision is to guide them in appropriate behavior.
- We recognize that children are unique individuals. We will relate, therefore, to them on a personal level to reinforce their strengths and develop proficiency in other areas
- As our faculty of Christian teachers interacts with the children on a daily basis, they will strive to instill in each one the knowledge of Jesus Christ and guide them as they walk uprightly
- We believe preschoolers are active learners; therefore, developmentally appropriate learning centers, manipulatives, activities, and opportunities to explore are readily available.
- We envision Ancient City Christian Academy as a place where your child will flourish as a result of endless occasions to work, play, learn, grow, and be loved.